Inpatient Treatment in Los Angeles, California
Mental illness affects approximately 450 million people worldwide and is one of the leading causes of ill-health and disability. 1 in 5 Americans will experience some type of mental condition in a given year.
Often, these conditions are left untreated or misdiagnosed. In other words, those who suffer require professional treatment but do not always receive it. This results in various complications physically and psychologically.
As proven by the statistics above, mental illness is extremely prevalent. Are you or someone you love suffering from a mental illness? If so, the inpatient treatment program at Renewal Behavioral Health can help people receive the proper comprehensive level of care they need.
What is Inpatient Treatment?
Inpatient rehab also known as residential is the highest level of treatment. These programs and services provided have been designed for individuals suffering from severe mental disorders.
A team of medical professionals and mental health specialists provide 24-7 patient-centered care. Patients are monitored in a safe and controlled environment. Individuals live at the facility and are able to get away from distractions and negative circumstances to avoid triggers.
At Renewal Behavioral Health, our inpatient treatment facility located on Country Club Drive in Los Angeles, California, has effectively treated the following common mental conditions:
The Inpatient Treatment Philosophy of Care
The philosophy of care of an inpatient treatment program is based on providing people with a structured environment with a schedule and routine to follow. Around-the-clock care and emotional support are available to patients to help them stay on track and avoid the probability of relapse that is common during the early stages of recovery.
Individuals attend treatment sessions and counseling every day for their mental health problems, as well as do a plethora of activities to practice the coping and social skills that they learned throughout the day, so they will be able to utilize them when they leave treatment.
Inpatient Treatment Services
Our team of mental health specialists at Renewal BH created customized treatment plans utilizing our variety of evidence-based inpatient treatment services to help people achieve mental stability. These include the following:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT): Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy aims to help people navigate their mental health problems in a more effective way. Methods to change thinking and behavioral patterns are taught along with coping strategies to avoid possible triggers.
- Individual Therapy: Individual therapy offers people with mental illness one-on-one counseling sessions to talk about their issues. Treatment recommendations are given, such as changing habits, steps to cope and help process challenging emotions, and ways to change defeatist/negative thoughts and behavioral patterns.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy is done in a supportive group setting with individuals who are going through mental health issues. It makes people feel empowered and that they are not going through their struggles alone. Individuals learn about themselves, and maybe some strategies that they can apply to their own recovery process.
- Family Therapy: Mental illness doesn’t just affect one person, it affects the whole family. Family therapy helps families work with their loved ones going through mental health issues, as well as their own issues with family dynamics. It helps with improving relationships, communication, and educates everyone on how to best cope and move forward.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: Often, people with mental illness become addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. Substance abuse is a very common risk factor for mental disorders. When mental illness and addiction happen simultaneously, this is known as co-occurring disorders or a dual diagnosis. Treatment aims to get to the root of both conditions to eliminate any further underlying complications.
- Medication Management: Patients get assistance in managing their medications and the side effects that occur come with it. They find the right dosage and safe alternatives to traditional medications.
We Can Help You Manage Your Mental Health
If you or someone you love struggles with a mental illness an inpatient treatment program can provide a comprehensive level of care. Inpatient treatment can help manage these conditions, and achieve stability.
When evaluating your treatment options, consider the differences between inpatient and outpatient care. This way you can make an informed decision as to which treatment program is best!
To learn more about if inpatient treatment is right for you, and what to expect, contact us at Renewal Behavioral Health today!